The Bradenton Branch of the American Association of University Women offers scholarships to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- are 25 years of age or older by December 31 of the year they first apply;
- have completed at least 15 hours of college credit or, in the case of technical school applicants, 450 hours toward a degree, by June 1st or who are enrolled or accepted and will enroll in an advanced degree program;
- have demonstrated financial need;
- have been a legal resident of Manatee or Sarasota County for at least one year;
- have a GPA of 3.0 (or 80% for tech students) or higher;
- have been accepted for enrollment and will attend an accredited college, university or technical college.
Scholoarship amounts depend upon full-time or part-time status and financial need. Recipients must maintain a 3.00 GPA or 80% average.
Applications are due May 1 for new applicants and June 1 for renewals. Applications are coordinated by the Manatee Community Foundation and may be found at this link: http://www.manateecf.org/scholarships/degree-seeking/